Friday, July 4, 2014

Gateway Chalk Art Festival 2014










This is what Annabelle and I conjured up for the Gateway Chalk Art Festival this year. I wish I had gotten better pictures, but all I had was my phone. I worked mostly on the two squares on the right hand side and Annabelle worked on the two to the left but we ended up helping each other out at the end with the shoe panels.
Honestly, I feel like I could have worked harder on it, but this year's festival was weird to me and I kind of just gave up near the end, I guess. I am proud of how it turned out though. The quote that we formed the idea from is pictured at the bottom: "I'm afraid of what happens to children if no one took the risk to love them." --Liz (Utah Foster Parent)
I like to draw things that have a sort of hidden and personal message that you just have to think about a little. This one is just kind of like "picture a world without parents", but I wanted to keep the drawing itself light.
The Gateway Chalk Art Festival is an annual event and it's super fun if you're into chalk art. It benefits Foster Care too, so check it out for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment