Friday, May 23, 2014

Washed Out






















This was the first time I decided to just do a big painting. It's on a random scrap of drywall that I found in my closet and it's done in acrylics, watercolor and pens and marker. The base colors are mostly acrylics and mixed watercolors. I then laid down the brighter, more vivid colors and those are watercolor paints. Most of the red and purple colors on the flower petals are done in watercolors, and the blue and yellow on the eye.  I  then outlined things in different types of pen and highlighted things in marker, which really just blends in with the watercolor and acrylic paints.
This painting was a lot of fun to do and it definitely opened my eyes to all of the other things I'm capable of as a painter. The bottom few photos are of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment